Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Active Salivation

Treats.  I love TREATS.  Every night, when we go to bed, we get a bedtime snack.  As soon as the gate closes, the active salivation starts.  Don't you know what active salivation is?  OOOOOHHHHHH, that's right, you're HUMAN...you heard all about that Pavlov guy and his work with bells.  Ring a bell, give a dog a treat.  After awhile, when you ring the bell, the dog begins to DROOL....it's called Classical Conditioning.  If Pavlov could come up with something like Conditioning Conditioning, he wouldn't use a term as gauche as DROOL, and he didn't he called it psychic secretion.  The general population used the word DROOL.  As an intelligent border collie, I don't like that term, either.  We're smart - we understand what is coming - so we actively begin to secrete digestive juices.  I.E. - saliva.  Therefore, I DO NOT DROOL, I actively salivate when I expect food.  Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment