Monday, October 14, 2013

I Have a New Home!



My name is Meg, I am a three year old Border Collie.  I started my life on a farm - they wanted me to be a herding dog, but I wasn't interested, so the owners sent me away.  Some very nice people took me in and I played in their yard with another BC like me.  I liked them a lot - they were very good to me.  They spent time trying to find just the right home for me - they were good foster parents.

Yesterday, I met two new people.  I wasn't shy at all.  I went right over to the first one that talked to me and kissed her on the chin.  Then I went to the next on and fell over at his feet for a belly rub.  There was visiting, talking and lots of scratching.  I liked the new people, and my foster parents were smiling a lot, so I think they were happy.  The new people put a collar on me - it even had my NAME - then we went outside.  Their car had something sticking out of the back of it, it kind of looked like a hill, but it was Grey.  It was in the way of the crate I saw, so I jumped over the hill and got in the crate.

We had a LONG car ride.  We stopped three times, even went into a building with other animals so I could sniff and stretch my legs.  Then they said "We're Home" and opened a new door.  I went into all the rooms they did.  I was a little nervous, but I would stop and sit for a head scratch every so often, that helped.  The strangest thing is another animal - the humans say it is my brother.  He is smaller than me, has four legs, a tail and we just stare at each other.  I have sniffed him a couple of times, he have tried to sniff me, but we are happiest if we are at least two feet apart.

I found my water bowls, I was offered food, but wasn't interested.  Then we all went downstairs and sat on the couch.  It was a nice evening, but I started yawning and we went to bed.  It was still dark out when I had to pee, so I put my feet next to dad's face and woke him up.  Mom took me out - I heard her say 1:30 - then we went back to bed.  Next time I woke up, I went to her.  She asked me to lay down, so I did, but only for about 20 minutes.  She said it was time to get up anyway, so we got up and went for a walk. 

It was very dark, but mom took a light.  We walked and walked and walked - I heard mom tell dad about 4 miles.  I sniffied, I sayed on left (mostly).  Mom says we have to work on not pulling, and I am learning new words like 'Left', 'Right' and 'Straight'.

So far, these people seem pretty okay.  I am going to nap now, that was a long walk and mom looks like she is getting busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment